Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Double Trouble - Karate Kids

BY LORI BETH LEMMON

A couple months ago I wrote about my son starting karate lessons, and his little sister has decided to take lessons also. So now, I have two karate kids! Jacob graduated from a white belt to a gold belt last week, and Gabriella earned her white belt on Saturday when she completed her first lesson. They both really love the lessons, and my husband and I love the karate school they go to and the principles that they teach along with the martial arts.

FYI – our kids are learning the Tenets of Tae Kwon Do, which are:
• Courtesy – demonstrating respect
• Integrity – keeping your promises (trustworthiness)
• Perseverance – always striving to do your best
• Self Control – controlling what you say and do
• Indomitable Spirit – never, never stop trying

Needless to say, as parents, we love the tenets, and the kids understand what they mean and are able to incorporate them into the bigger picture. If you are thinking about lessons for your kids or for yourself, and you live anywhere near the East Dallas area, I highly recommend Ray’s American Karate on Garland Road.





No comments:

Post a Comment