Friday, June 15, 2012

Tomorrow I move downtown

Me and Jon Bon Jovi on my deck
I can hardly believe that it's been almost two years since I've posted on this blog. Time seems different, both stretched and compressed, when you are in midst of constant struggle, and that's been the way of it at CityWalk for all that time.

The economic downturn almost did us in and we've spent every moment making sure that we survived. Nobody got vacations and the office atmosphere had the hot, steamy quality of working inside of a pressure cooker. But that's pretty well behind us.

Since the beginnnig of the year we've refinanced, paid down debts and filled up the building so we're pretty well running on a stabilized basis now. Even if we aren't quite there, the end is in sight now.

So long delayed vacations are taking place, and, more important to me, my wife, dog and I are finally moving into our condo on the top floor of the building. I don't know that I'll qualify as an urban pioneer. Almost 7500 people are living in downtown Dallas now, but highrise living will be a new adventure for us.

I plan to write regularly about what it's like to live downtown, about what our organization is doing, and just enjoy the fact that once again I have time to write rather than spend every second talking to lenders or trying to raise more money.

Maybe, someday soon, I'll even be able to go on vacation, but until then I'm just going to enjoy this new episode in life. If any of you are still checking this blog, or if you come across it for the first time, then thank you for sharing some of your time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment