Sunday, November 8, 2009

CityWalk Pride

BY LORI BETH LEMMON

I had the opportunity to attend a lovely business reception this past week, and the hostess had the guest speakers introduce themselves by talking about the things in their lives they are most proud of. So, this got me to thinking about my life.

Like most people, my family comes to mind – I am proud of my children, proud that my parents have been married for 50 years, and proud of my husband for completing his first sprint triathlon. But then, I started thinking about work and what I am most proud of in my professional life. Without a doubt, I am most proud of the opportunity I have had to be part of the citywalk@akard project.

This project truly is the first of its kind to be built in Dallas, and it is really cool. Not just because the architects and the construction team have done such a great job, but more because of the amazing opportunity it represents for so many people in our community. And I get to work there every day.

John and I recently took some donors on a tour of the building, and it is so close to completion now, the energy is really buzzing.

We could see the new entrance beginning to take shape with the steel beams going up and the beautiful pavers being laid in the parking lot.

And inside, I could imagine people living there.

In my mind’s eye, I see children playing, neighbors sharing a meal, and friends relaxing together. This is an exciting time for all of us, and I know that everyone who has been involved with citywalk@akard is so proud, and most importantly, I know with all certainty, that the residents are going to be so, so proud of their new HOME!

I am counting the days until we can all move in and start actively creating our new community together.

No comments:

Post a Comment