Friday, December 11, 2009

Winding Down

BY JOHNICE WOODS – DIRECTOR OF PROJECTS

Upon reflecting on my tenure here at Central Dallas CDC (which I have been a part of for 6 years), I can remember that 5 years ago at this time of the year, we would normally start winding down. As I look around today, our office shows no signs of winding down. From Monday to mid-day Friday, our office is totally chaotic. There is constant ringing of the phones, three to four conversations at once and the beeping of the printer/copier or microwave. No, the wind is blowing full force here. In truth, we are in the final stage of the race for the completion of CityWalk.

Webster Dictionary describes wind as “a natural movement of air of any velocity; a force or agency that carries along or influences”. Currently, there are three major winds moving at any given time. One the wind of anxiousness, as potential tenants prepare for their move into the building in about 2 weeks. Yes, just before Christmas. Two, the wind of anticipation, the CDCDC staff is so excited about moving into our new office space at CityWalk in January (on a side note, I am counting the days because I have been out of office space since last year). Three, the wind of gratefulness, despite all of the trials and tribulations in developing the CityWalk project, we will finally witness the fruit of our labor.

I think Jimmy Dean said it best, “I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” So, as I adjust my sails to the constant changing winds, I will hold on and pray for a winding down moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment