Saturday, August 15, 2009

Here in Arms Release Show


Saturday night, at City Tavern, 1402 Main Street in Downtown Dallas, the band Here in Arms will be having a special show to celebrate the release of its second album, and first with the full band, Outlaws.

The bass player for the band (on the far left in the picture) is my son, Jacob Greenan—so I hope you’ll come out to hear the band.

I’ll give you a couple of hints on preparing for the show. First, if you’re over forty, I’d recommend a nap Saturday afternoon. Two other bands are playing so it’s likely Here in Arms won’t start playing until well after the time I’m usually long asleep.

Second, if you like the show, think about coming back on Friday, September 4, when my son will be back at City Tavern with his new band, The Archetypes, for which he plays piano and writes the music.

Finally, if you have a chance, check out this week’s edition of Quick. On page 18 there’s a story about Here in Arms, including an interview with the band’s lead singer and songwriter, Brent Engel.

No comments:

Post a Comment