Saturday, January 16, 2010

Moving Forward

By Johnice Woods – Director of Projects

Walt Disney stated “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” For me, this day begins a new journey down a new path.

I completed packing up my office on Main Street for the move to our new downtown office at CityWalk. I must say, I had lots of stuff that I had accumulated over the last two years. I have been with Central Dallas Ministries, our sister organization, for 11 years so I have become quite accustomed to moving. However, it is something about this move that breeds the “curiosity” as stated by Mr. Disney.

I am so excited to start next week walking through the doors of 511 N. Akard. I can remember two years ago walking through the door with John Greenan and looking at the remnants of pigeon waste and feeling the cold darkness of the stairwells. (On a side note, I remember feeling like there were many beady eyes peering at me. I would later find out it was the huge rats that were residents of the basement.)

Even though there is still ongoing construction, the building boasts such a refreshing newness, not only inside but outside. I am so blessed to be a part of opening new doors and to begin my journey of doing new things in my new office.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all that you are doing to open doors for others, as well!

    ReplyDelete